Monday, February 11, 2008

New Technology - Callwave

I simply LOVE LOVE LOVE living during this century. The technology we keep coming up with astounds me. As with all things, I believe understanding if it has a proper place in your life is key. For instance, as I'm sure you've read in blog entries past that towards the end of last year I started pulling away from social networking sites. I essentially stopped using Connexion, and I deleted my account on a number of other sites like Friendster and MySpace. But anytime I come across a new technology that makes my life simpler, or the parts I don't like - more manageable... I'm definitely all eyes and ears!

Introducing Callwave:

I started using Callwave - both for Visual Voicemail and for Text Messaging and thought I'd share this awesome technology with my friends.
  • Have you ever wanted to send text messages directly from your sidebar?
  • Have you wished you could get your voicemails transcribed to you (voice to text) and sent to you via email or text msg or even listen to them from your sidebar on your desktop?
I donno how you'll react, but when I found Callwave could do all of the above using my current cell phone and service with Verizon, and the basic service is FREE... I about pissed myself. ;-)

I know it might sound crazy, but one of the most annoying things for me (which is shouldn't be) is constantly calling to check my voicemail. In fact, this day in age is someone calls us... we know, right? It's called Caller I.D. - don't leave me a message, unless you know you're likely not to be available later when I will try to call you back OR if you don't want me to call you back and you just wanna leave a quick message.

Here's an example of my desktop (you can see an email I got in outlook where it transcribed the voicemail my roommate Eric left, the two voicemails on the right hand sidebar from Will and Chris, and a text msging box I can send texts to a phone right from my sidebar):
CLICK IMAGE TO ENLARGE
--------------------------------

If you want to learn more, or get the program yourself...
go to www.callwave.com or click on this image here:


No comments: