Friday, December 14, 2007

No source of evil - Abraham

"There is no source of evil. There is only a Stream of Well-Being, which you are allowing, or not. But under the name of righteousness and goodness and religion, you drop bombs on innocent children. And then you say, "it's for the good of all of us." And we say, we don't see that. And you don't see it from your Non-physical perspective, either. It's only in your disconnection that those things make sense." -- Abraham

Perfect quote for me to read today. I didn't apply it as much to the world, religion or politics... SURPRISE SURPRISE, eh? But rather, what's been bothering me for the past month or so is the person I talked about who I've stated is "purely evil" to everyone else. He is saying a lot of crappy stuff about me to anyone he can, and I know he's just trying to make his own personal misery less painful. But I know he (himself) is not evil, nor is some spirit or demon (as religion might teach) corrupting him to be so bad, but rather his own disconnection with the stream of Well-Being.

Abraham uses an analogy of putting your canoe in a stream. How most people get in their canoe and deliberately paddle against the stream with all their strength. Abraham asks, but why do we do that? How long can we fight against the stream? To which most would reply, "I don't know. But it's my duty to find out. It's what we all do here. It's what my mother did and her mother.. all trophies and monuments are dedicated to those who have fought the current so well.... There are even more rewards after we die for those who stayed strong against the current." Abraham watches as we become more effective at paddling upstream. We get stronger, find more effective oars, etc... A variety of versions for justification for paddling upstream!

But as Abraham says, "Nothing that you want, is upstream." The reason that they are so certain is because they understand the stream. They have seen it in it's origin. They know what they current is and where it goes. This is the stream of life. It was in motion before we came forth into our physical bodies. We add to this stream by the desires of our contrast.

No comments: