Sunday, August 26, 2007

Roommates

I have to say, I have two awesome roommates living with me now. It took a while to find the right people and it wasn't fun finding the wrong ones.

First I get screwed over by this flakey guy named Danny C. (we'll spare the last name) who holds out on signing his lease, but lets me know he's moving in on the 3rd of March. I keep checking up on him over and over and he keeps saying he'll stop by to sign it, but it never happens. Meanwhile I'm telling a few other people it's unavailable. Danny says he'll just take care of the lease on moving day. Well that day arrives, but he doesn't. Finally calls me back the next day and says some family stuff came up and now he's moving out of town. Come to find out later, it's a complete story and he basically just held out and screwed me over, with no apology. Yeah... there are people like that! LOL

Then I get this young roommate named Sean B. (again, we'll spare the last name) who used to date my friend Cody, and he seemed nice enough. But little do I know this kid is a pathological lair that has been telling everyone about how he inherited $60 plus million dollars from his family. Yeah, and that's why he needs to rent from me? LOL But he had a story for that! Actually, like any good liar, he had a story for EVERYTHING! Needless to say when he could pay his rent on time his first month (April) I warned him about paying on time in May. When RENT-A-CENTER started knocking on the door to pick up the brand new furniture and flat screen TV that he told us he had just bought... his stories started to unravel quickly. The last straw was him paying late on the 9th of May with a bad check from an account he had closed a while back. So of course it bounces on me and I evict him.

WOW, I was off to a great start! Being a landlord isn't all what it's cracked up to be!

However, Erin found me off CL and moved in mid-May, and he's awesome. I'm lucky we get along so well. So the rest of May, June, and July it was just Erin and I. I had many opportunities, but no one seemed "just right". We met Eric (moving back out from Wisconsin) and it was obvious he would fit perfectly. And we were right. We all have a great time together and have started to hang out together.

Fun times... like last night... ohhhhh lord...

This is what happens when you indulge in the drinks or smokes too much! I go to take a drink and without noticing I bring the lighter up to light it.


I don't have any pictures of Erin right now, but here's Eric and Mary. Eric just moved in this month.

(oh yeah, Mary has some demons she's fighting... LOL)

No comments: