Friday, August 31, 2007

Judo

I know that before I got into martial arts I had no clue about it. Couldn't tell you the difference between Karate, Kung Fu, Jiu-Jitsu, Judo... and I didn't even know about Akihito and many others. But I looked into some of these arts before choosing the one I thought was best for me.

As much as I wanted to go into my friend David's studio at Colorado Brazilian JuJitsu I found myself attracted to the throws in Judo. I know I'll end up at David's studio soon to learn more of the grappling (ne-waza) work.

Here's two videos that will show you what I've been doing all summer. Not to their degree obviously but I hope to start competing in October.

2006 US Open Ippons


Judo Newaza Grappling International Fights
(I love about 1 min into the video you see a guy get choked out.)

No comments: