So, I had a very emotional hour this morning with David, my therapist. I've been seeing David for many years now, and he's been a true blessing. He's been able to help me answer many things for myself.
This morning on the way to his office I was just thinking about the last month, as I usually do in reflection, to have an idea of what I wanted to talk about this morning. I instinctively started to think about the stuff I've been harping on myself about, and somehow... beautifully so... started to remind myself how thankful I am for the friends that have always been true to me, and the new friends I've met this year.
This was a quote from Abraham, ideal for this morning:
"Anytime you feel negative emotion, stop and say: Something is important here; otherwise, I would not be feeling this negative emotion. What is it that I want? And then simply turn your attention to what you do want. . . . In the moment you turn your attention to what you want, the negative attraction will stop; and in the moment the negative attraction stops, the positive attraction will begin. And—in that moment—your feeling will change from not feeling good to feeling good. That is the process of pivoting."
I couldn't agree with this more and I need to get better and better at this process of pivoting. I find myself all too often unable to hang out with gaggles of gays because I get a negative vibe from so many of them. But what we talked about this morning was how important it is for me to realize that when I feel this negative emotion, I need to stop and recognize that this emotion is telling me something. Telling me that I want something different for myself. And then simply... turn my attention to those who have a positive energy about them and attract them into my experience.
For I know, without a doubt, that if I do this... that those who caused me to feel negative emotions will drift into the background and matter very little in my experience. I've done this before... i just need to get better at it, and make it a constant focus.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment